Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I own a share of a Nevis LLC via my own LLC incorporated in

Customer Question

I own a share of a Nevis LLC via my own LLC incorporated in Nevada. I have expressed interest several times to the Managing Partner that I want to sell my interest now valued at 75K. I bought in for 20K over two years ago. He has been giving me the run around and avoiding me. Before I expressed interest in selling I was told numerous times that within 2 weeks I could be completely cashed out whenever I so pleased. I have been inquiring about this since November of last year and here we are. Our operating agreement states court cases against the LLC must be filed in a Nevis court. What legal ground do I have here in the United States. I know he has just completed 4.5 millions dollars of fundraising for a company he is the CEO of. I am thinking he would pay me fairly promptly if presented with a lawsuit so as to not thwart the happenings of his other venture.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today. What parties or events happened in the US? you can base jurisdiction and venue on that basis.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The only thing that happened in Nevis was the Managing Member actually going there to setup the offshore LLC. Everything else, including the conversation about the investment, funds transferred to a different business account that was owned by the Managing Member, and the actual signature of documents all happened in the US.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The operating agreement states suit must be filed within the country of Nevis.
That creates an obstacle as court will normally enforce it unless all parties consent otherwise and waive it.