How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25358
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can we press charges on an inappropriate massage therapist

Resolved Question:

Can we press charges on an inappropriate massage therapist? For example: doing a butt massage without asking, when their policy is they don't do that unless requested.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 years ago.
Yes, you could file a criminal complaint and have the massage therapist and business investigated for their practices and procedures. If you did not consent to the butt massage, the massage therapist could be facing sexual assault charges and the places could also be faced with a civil lawsuit as well
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. What would be the first step into doing that? Contacting the police or a lawyer?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 years ago.

Contacting the police department and reporting what happened for the criminal part and if you wish to look into a civil lawsuit, an attorney thereafter

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The establishment is saying we have to come in and give a written statement, eventhougj we already explained in detail on the phone. Should we consent to this?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 years ago.
You do not have to if you do not want to but you need to have some documentation that you made them aware of the situation and reported this.
LegalKnowledge and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions