Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Question if your brothers lease expired on the year 2009 an

Customer Question

Question if your brothers lease expired on the year 2009 an we never resigned a lease an it was month to month afterwards for the other year he was there my brother had called when he first got the place an told him i was going to be staying there for just a little while an i never signed a lease an now he is tell me he is going to take me to court cause he says were still under a lease which we had never sign another one since the first one in 2008 Aug. he has never gave us receipt so he started doing money orders cause he all of a sudden was saying he was behind 3 months
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Can you clarify your question? It's a little hard to follow your narrative. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my question is can he take me to court when i was never on the lease? an my brother lease expired on 2009 an it was month to month afterwards would he still be under a lease? an would he still have to pay him when there is no proof that we didnt pay him?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so since my brother was month to month after the lease was up he cant hold my brother for any fees or rent, penalties? an he tried to say i signed a lease an i no i never did is he aloud to forge my signature or my brothers on a new contract?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

If the lease was not signed, he can't hold your brother to any fees or penalties...unless your brother stayed there as a month to month tenant and your brother would owe monthly rent for the period he stayed there. If your signature was forged, that is a criminal offense and you can contact the district attorney's office to pursue criminal prosecution.

I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.