Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international

How can I get a birth certificate for my deceased father that

How can I get a birth certificate for my deceased father that was born in Mexico
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

You have to contact the bureau of vital statistics in the town where your father was born. If you have a none certified copy that would be good. You will need his parents name and you will have to pay in Mexican currency for the copy. I would start with the telephone call as they may require proof that you his child before they will release it. Once you have spoken to them, if you cannot go in person, if you know someone who can go to pick it up you can get them an original signed permission to pick it up for you.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.