MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney in contract law, litigation and employment law
16277701

how to get rid of a 22 year old student loan

Customer Question

how to get rid of a 22 year old student loan?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean by "get rid of"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont wanna pay the loan back because the school lied to me about the training they offered ..... they had wriiten in thier book and told me out of thier own mouth that you did not have to have any knowledge of mechanics to attend thier school........ that they teach you everything ........ that was a bald face lie ..... i was fresh out of high school ... ambitious and ready to take on the world ....... atleast thats what i thought ........ i didnt know a single thing about a cars mechanics ...... that school is for people who already have mechanic knowledge they just need the paper to prove it ..... it is not for beginners at all ....... i tried back in 1989 to get them to return the money but told me i got the loan so i had to pay it back ... i only went there for few months and got charged full price ............ I GOT SUCKERED ...... so ive been back and foward with student loan department for over 20 years ..........

Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 years ago.
If you took out the loan, you are responsible for paying it back. Therefore, there is no way to "get rid of it" until it has been paid back in full.

Please let me know if this answers your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
i knew that already ........ but lawyers have loop holes to every edition of the law .....they get killers and drug dealers off but cant get student loans reduced ........ are you serious?....maybe can cut the interest down or maybe even put it in bankrupcy ...... i mean something.... thats it?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 years ago.
You cannot discharge student loans in bankruptcy. The only way to have a student loan forgiven (other than through school programs that forgive loans if you work for a public interest employer, for example) is if you are permanently disabled such that you will never be able to make an income that would allow you to pay for the rest of your life.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I KNOW THAT ................ SO IS THAT IT ?........... IF THATS ALL A LAWYER CAN COME UP WITH ,,,,,,,,,, I NEED TO BE A LAWYER ............

Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 years ago.
Attorney do not MAKE the laws. Legislators make the laws, i.e. Congress.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WOW ,,,,,,,, I KNOW THAT TOO .......... THANKS .....
Expert:  MDLaw replied 3 years ago.
Then perhaps you should take your anger and screaming out at them and not me. I have now opted out of your question and will focus on assisting others who are seeking legal information, since I do not do this as a hobby.