Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

I read in the code of ethics for claims adjusters that a

I read in the "code of ethics for claims adjusters" that a CA should not take advantage of youth, lack of sophistication, inexperience, etc. If this has happened to you, what can you do about it?
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 3 years ago.
You can contact the California Department of Insurance and see if you can file a complaint for violations of their standard of practice It will be upto the department whether to pursue your complaint.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This occured in the state of Alabama. should I not contact the state of alabama?
Sorry for the mistake, I saw CA on your post thinking the information you wanted was California related. Yes, you would go through the state where the adjuster is licensed.

Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney & Certified Mediator