Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

If I buy a parking lot do I have the right to charge people

If I buy a parking lot do I have the right to charge people in the area
to use it. Presently they are using it for free but the lot does not belong
to them.

Good evening. Yes, as the new owner, you could require people to pay you a fee to park on your property. If they do not wish to do so, you can prohibit them from parking there.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.