LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

In ruling on a case that involved red-light runners caught

Customer Question

In ruling on a case that involved red-light runners caught by surveillance cameras in San
Diego, a Superior Court judge ruled that
A. the program operated legally.
B. private surveillance violated the Fourth Amendment.
C. camera programs in themselves are constitutional.
D. the program failed to demonstrate reasonable suspicion.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.

NOTE: My apologies for a technical issue that seems to be removing my original spacing. If the text of my message appears difficult to read and/or random numbers appear to have been inserted, I am sorry for any inconvenience. I have submitted a report to our system for handling. Thanks for your patience!

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®.

I am a licensed attorney and will be glad to try and assist you.

Thank you for the honor of requesting my services by name.

To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify this point:

1. Do you have any further details such as an approximate date range of the opinion? [I had actually looked at this question earlier, but there are a number of recent developments so any further clarification would be most helpful.]

Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have no further details, if you we're to pick an answer from A to D which one will it be?

NOTE: My apologies for a technical issue that seems to be removing my original spacing. If the text of my message appears difficult to read, I am sorry for any inconvenience. I have submitted a report to our system for handling. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with traffic and vehicular law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. Thank you for writing back with the additional information, which was helpful to my analysis of your inquiry.
  2. "...if you we're to pick an answer from A to D which one will it be?" Without a doubt, between those two it would be "A". However, out of all four I would have to pick "C", as the judicial precedents are not as broad and sweeping as the other choices. Rather, the actual reported cases in California (including Superior Court in San Diego) have upheld the Constitutionality but have criticized the program based on factual issues on a case by case basis (i.e. length of yellow lights, etc.).

3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. Thanks again for requesting that I personally handle your inquiry!

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.