MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I own an HVAC business in MD. I had a customer that had some

Customer Question

I own an HVAC business in MD. I had a customer that had some issues with a condensing unit. While my service guy was on the job the homeowner called the regional manager of the place i get the equipment. While the customer was on the speaker phone the manager proceeded to tell the homeowner that my company and my service guy were incompetent. This infuriated the customer who then had anothetr company rip out my equipment and install another brand. It cost me over 6000.00 to repay this customer back and the company only gave me 2400 for my equipment. I am still out about 4000.00 due to this manager statements. Do i have a case for slander to try to get my money back.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Did the manager offer any statement of fact that was false? The statement that your company and service person are incompetent is a statement of opinion.