Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

I am a physical therapist and have been offered a job by a

Customer Question

I am a physical therapist and have been offered a job by a physiatrist who owns a pain management clinic. Is it legal for me to be employed by a physician? Is there another type of business arrangement that could be set up? I have heard that in Texas where it is illegal for physicians to be employed by hospitals, alternative arrangements are being set up in a 501a corporation. Maybe something like this could be an option for me?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to help you

As long as your duties and responsibilities are confined to physical therapy which is your area of expertise, there is no problem