Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have made a claim with my boss about incidents of discrimination

Customer Question

I have made a claim with my boss about incidents of discrimination by a co-worker. The investigation took place and soon after the guy was fired. He had a grievance hearing with the City and the City Manager reinstated the man to his duties. Now I am afraid of what may happen at work we are both police officers.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney here to assist you.

If you are retaliated against at work because of this, you would have rights to file yet another complaint regarding this. You could also have groungs to file a lawsuit against the employer for negligent retention of the person and retaliation if you are in fact retaliated against.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So I would have to wait and see if I am retailiated against to do anything further?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Yes. If there is no other problem, then the issue is resolved and you can go about your business. However, if you do experience some retaliation or discriminatory treatment, you should waste no time in seeing an attorney about pursuing this.