How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawrence D. Gorin Your Own Question
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1544
Experience:  30+ years of legal expertise. Informed, knowledgeable, helpful.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawrence D. Gorin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My attorney in Oregon says she can not ask for all my incurred

Customer Question

My attorney in Oregon says she can not ask for all my incurred fees for my divorced ex holding onto his personal assets that the court and decree says are owed to me. Shealso hanging onto a amended 2007 tax return, which i didn't tell her to do-- she did on her own. Court is coming up and other side and my attorney are saying I am not settling???? Thanks/Sherri
Submitted: 5 years ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®. I am a licensed family law attorney, and I will be glad to try and assist you.


To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify these points so I can best address your inquiry:


  • I'm not sure what your question is, could you re-state it please?



Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My ex and his attorney are holding onto a personal asset that the couirt and decree says are mine. The decree is dated 11/2008. I have my attorney to get my 1.5yrs of attorney fees back- this is his fault, not mine-- she says she can not ask for all fees in this rule 68- she did not tell me that at first. she is also holding onto an amended 2007 tax return that i signed to be nice to my ex and we will split the return . court date is next monday-- can i fire my lawyer and go into court alone and plead my case that these attorney's are playing games and after 1.5 yrs i still haven't received the money the court says i am entitled to.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i already wrote what i can-- forget it if you can't answer it.sherri/oregon
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
  1. What asset is he holding onto?
  2. What decree says that it is yours?
  3. Please explain what you mean by "1.5 yrs of attorney fees back"?
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

I am going off-line for the evening. Please feel free to respond, if necessary, and know that I will be back on-line tomorrow.


Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1. He is holding onto a Citibank account that was strictly his, but the court said in the divorce decree I get 50% of his personal and work retirement assets. He also got 50% of my 2 retirement accounts.

2. the current attorney said she could wrap this up quickly. Divorce handle by different attorney who got cancer and the division of assets were not divided. divorce final in Nov 2008 and here it is 2011. He has been in contempt of court for not dividing the last of the assets. I hired 2nd attorney to expedite the asset division and she has done nothing. she said everything is ready to settle . he has written check on citibank,i signed the amended tax return for 2007 (oct 20007) is when i filed for divorce. Now the attorney says she can not ask for reimbursement of all attorney fees on this ORCP 68 rule. The ex has drug this portion out making me pay more in attorney fees, while he still works and makes $260,000.00 at at Northwest Tire Company as a Vice President in accounting. The divorce decree said I didn't have to sign the taxes, I had done my own by the final divorce hearing and Judge said I showed the court I was trying to be on my own and be separate from the spoouse. I didn't word that quite right. Anyway, I wasn't working at the time of the divorce and don't work now. I have M.S. The Judge said i get alimony and make x number of dollars on top of the alimony, but the economy is really crappy here.

Hope you get the picture. Want to know if i can go to court next week and plead the attorney fees to the Judge and without my attorney. I feel she has made some mistakes and is trying to blame me for it. Thanks Sherri /Oregon

Expert:  Lawrence D. Gorin replied 5 years ago.


Edited by Lawrence D. Gorin on 2/1/2011 at 3:25 PM EST
Expert:  Lawrence D. Gorin replied 5 years ago.


DISREGARD THE "ANSWER" I posted above. It was not intended as an answer.


JA Expert JOSEPH is working on an appropriate answer to your question. Please wait for him to post the answer and then click on ACCEPT to HIS answer. Please to NOT accept MY answer (as I did not intend to post it as an answer.


My apologies to you and to Joseph for confusion I have caused. Again, wait for the Answer that Joseph will post and then accept. He deserves to be compensated for working this question (whereas I do not).


JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions