How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask FloridaLawyer Your Own Question

FloridaLawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 741
Experience:  Former State Prosecutor, criminal defense, family law, real estate, & civil litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
FloridaLawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, my daughter was falsely accused of bullying and other girl

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter was falsely accused of bullying an other girl who use to be her friend and who by my daughters's choice is no longer her friend. The next day after the false complaint my duaghter was pulled out .of her Ap history class to the assistant principles office and .is yelled at bullied and emotionally abused by this administrator. In the end it was evident that the accusations where falls given that all the other students (witnesses 9 in all) said they did not hear Or see any of the thing the accuser stated. After I complained about the assistant principle bullying my daughter the principle advised me that it had come to.his attention that we did.not live in the area and that my daughter would be withdrawn from the school unless we could bring .in the proper documentation. Meanwhile my daughter was stalked and harassed By not .only the administration but also By the school police officer who is a bully himself. My daughter was so.disgusted that she wanted to finish the year at a different school. However now she has told me that she wants to return given that all her friends from when she was in preK are at that school. What can I do? Can I sue them for harrament and emotional and mental anguish if my daughter is mistreated again By the school administrators.? Should I hire an lawyer and have them communicate with the school principle his boss and the school board that my daughter will be returning and that if there is any problem with the .other student Or harrament By either the school Or student that we will sue.? I am out for.blood, if my duaghter is messed with again. My duaghter has never had problems at school, never had a complaint from a teacher, is popular and congenial which is why the other student wants to make her .life hell. The other student has always been in trouble, has lied many times and been found out and yet it was my daughter who was mistreated. Please.let me know because as I write this I am seeing red.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX wants to sue
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  FloridaLawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hello JA Customer:


It is possible to bring a lawsuit against the school based on harassment and/or the intentional infliction of emotional distress. I am assuming your daughter is under 18 and if so you could bring the lawsuit on her behalf and be named in the Complaint as the legal guardian of the Plaintiff. You could seek recovery for your daughter's pain and suffering and seek to punish the school and its staff by seeking punitive damages. Lastly you could seek consequential and compensatory damages for lost work, and your time and expenses in this matter.


I would suggest that you consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your local jurisdiction. If the attorney does not agree to take the case on a contingency fee basis, he or she can seek reimbursement for your reasonable attorney's fees and costs from the opposing party.



I hope this helps, best of luck!


If I have answered your question, please click accept so that I can earn credit for my answer.


Legal Disclaimer: The answer provided herein is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. The information, research and opinions set forth above are limited to the facts presented in the question and no guarantee is made regarding the adequacy or accuracy of the answer. The answer provided does not infer or imply the establishment or acceptance of any attorney-client relationship. No claim is made that I am licensed to practice law in the state or jurisdiction where this information is being provided and you should always seek legal counsel admitted to practice in your local jurisdiction for representation and advice on any legal matter.



JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions