INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

We had our truck reposessed. Bank of america took the money

We had our truck reposessed. Bank of america took the money from our account but didnt transfer the funds to chase bank who is the lean holder. There for they showed no payments made and came and took the truck. After a 22 day battle we are finally getting our truck back but they are making us pay the repo fees and storage, can they do this?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today.

INFOLAWYER :

I am afraid legally those fees are valid

INFOLAWYER :

but often can be negotiated for a reduction

INFOLAWYER :

and possible refinancing of the loan terms

INFOLAWYER :

if you can show hardship

INFOLAWYER :

They do not want to drive you into bankruptcy

INFOLAWYER :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up question and my answer because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit. Leaving a BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you ACCEPT are also very much appreciated.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. I wish you best of luck and a prosperous 2011.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Wouldnt that be a wrongful reposession since the payments were taking out of our account when they were scheduled and on time?

If you were current, you should have all fees waived and returned where wrongly taken and further compensated for any expenses incurred in the interim including rental expenses and other direct expenses resulting from the premature and illegal repo.