INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

Are there any laws protecting consumers in Ohio More specifically,

Customer Question

Are there any laws protecting consumers in Ohio? More specifically, car buyers?
I walked into a dealership to buy a car and was scammed to lease instead, with a vehicle price higher than the MSRP! I asked the sales guy and finance director for questions, and they lied to cover the higher price.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today. What relief do you want? to cancel the lease?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Cancelling the lease would be the best outcome. I also had a noise rattle noise that the dealership's service department said was "normal". Took it to another dealership where it was fixed but the noise is back now.

If you were misled or coerced into this bad deal, you may pursue replacement, repair or rescission.

This can be done by negotiation, complaint to the BBB, threat of lawsuit, using a consumer protection lawyer and finally suing

I hope the answer was fast and clear.

If you need clarification, please ask me.

Otherwise, when ready, please click ACCEPT, It's the only way I get credit for your answer.