LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I live in Missouri and i was wondering if u can take cases

Customer Question

I live in Missouri and i was wondering if u can take cases back to court u plea gulity to and just took what they had on the table? A friend took two counts of non support and only one kid is his and he wants DNA. He also has two counts of forgery and was sentence for those too . He now sits in prison . can he take this back to court and this time do it with legal help??
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 years ago.
There needs to be a legal basis for him to vacate the plea and take the case to trial. He would have to go to trial and fight this. He could not just vacate the plea and then take another deal. Moreover, he could have fought the case if he decided. If there was an issue with DNA, he could have fought it previously and challenged the paternity.