Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have been served a Pursuant to Maryland Rule 2-421 1st. Do

Customer Question

I have been served a Pursuant to Maryland Rule 2-421 1st. Do I have to answer these questions? Secondly if I do, How to I file for an extension beyond the 30 days due to the amount of documents that they are requesting? I would need 60 days total
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for contacting I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

Yes. You must answer the questions or the opposition can file a motion to compel you to answer with the court.

This involves discovery and is not filed with the court typically, so you would not typically need to file an extension with the court either, but request additional time from the opposition. Get any agreement with them in writing.

All the best to you in the New Year.

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.