Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

Is rubbing some ones toothbrush against your privates ill

Is rubbing some one's toothbrush against your privates illegal?

What are you referring to? Who did this,when and where.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
A roommate did it to another roommate. There was a camera in the bathroom because the two have been fighting. In return the gentleman rubbed his privates on the others toothbrush and caught it on tape. Now is there two legal issues here? Invasion of privacy and if it is illegal to use another person's toothbrush on his genitals?

Well, there is no law against it that would make it a crime. But there could be a civil matter, if the person were to have any injury due to it. I mean, it's pretty disgusting and there could be civil recourse under intentional emotional distress. Of course, there would need to be medical evaluations, etc to show that the "victim" is suffering emotionally. This would really apply if he used the toothbrush only later to have it revealed what occurred. Because that is enough to make one vomit just thinking about it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What about having a camera in a bathroom?

As long as it was in common area - and not in a stall then there is no problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What if it is an open toilet with a sink and a bathroom all connected? The camera was in the sink area but the toilet is next to the sink.

Questionable. And can be argued there is a privacy issue.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck