How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need a liquor license to add liquors or alcoholic beverages

This answer was rated:

Do I need a liquor license to add liquors or alcoholic beverages to my bakery products, frostings, etc. If not, do I only need to disclose in the labeling that is an ingredient.
Thank you for your question.

Is the alcohol cooked out of the baked goods, frostings, etc.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know that's why I'm asking here.
If the alcohol is cooked to where it no longer has an inebriating effect, you do not need a license. If the cake or icing still has the ability to get someone drunk, then you do.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does alchohol bake out of cakes?
A study conducted by the US Department of Agriculture’s Nutrient Data Laboratory calculated the percentage of alcohol remaining in a dish based on various cooking methods. It takes 2.5 hours to get down to a negligible amount of alcohol in baking
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So what would you recommend me do for a cupake batter that uses a 3 TBSP to a 1/2 cupof liquor or alcohol in a cupcake batter that yields 24 individual servings and takes 30 minutes to bake? Or should I just avoid the alcohol altogether?
There will still be some in the finished product. I'd avoid it altogether.
NateLawAnswers and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions