Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

Good Morning Sir or Madam, 1- After returning on Monday morning

Good Morning Sir or Madam,
1- After returning on Monday morning from a weekend out of the town I found out that earlier morning 1/24/11 in the mail box a subpoena in Civil case lawsuit for me to be a witness in that Civil case between pliantiff and defendent. The defendent attorney issued a subpoena without court stamped's validation for me to appear in court Wednesday January 26, 2011. Was that subpoena Valid witout court stamped ???
2- I am a supervisor of a state Employee to be responsible daily for Computer mainframe processing a payroll, account payable, Account General Ledger and Other Jobs serving for 98 School Dsitricts in L.A county School. A short notice requring time off against employer policy at least 5 working days to be requested. Was that legal for this subpoena for 2 or 3 days notices ??

I am looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.
Larry Sar
E-mail:[email protected]
Was that subpoena Valid witout court stamped ???

Yes, it's valid. It is not necessary to give you a stamped copy. The court will file their proof of service by mail instead.

A short notice requring time off against employer policy at least 5 working days to be requested. Was that legal for this subpoena for 2 or 3 days notices ??

Yes, this is permissible regardless of your employer's policy. In fact it would be against the law for the employer to prohibit you from attending because the notice failed to comply with their own notice requirements. The employer needs to comply with the subpoena which is a court order regardless of the time issued.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.