Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

I HAVE BEEN ON WORKMAN S COMP. FOR 26 MONTHS AND HAVE BEEN

I HAVE BEEN ON WORKMAN"S COMP. FOR 26 MONTHS AND HAVE BEEN RELEASED BY THE DOCTOR"S AT MMI, AFTER HAVING SURGERY ON MY SHOULDER MAY 4 2009 . MY PAIN LEVEL WENT THERW THE ROOF INSTEAD OF GETTING BETTER. IN 2010 I WAS DIAGNOISED WITH RSD WHICH IS NERVE DAMAGE AND THE DOCTOR"S NOW BELEIVE I HAD RSD BEFORE THE SHOULDER SURGERY AND THE SURGERY MADE IT WORST NOT KNOWING I HAD THE RSD BEFORE SURGERY ARE THE DOCTOR"S THAT DID MY SURGERY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY PERMINET DAMAGE ?
They would only be responsible if they acted below the standard of care that is expected by a doctor in that field. If they could not have discovered the prior RSD without doing the actual surgery, it would be difficult to make the doctor responsible. However with that said, the worker's compensation insurance is responsible for any aggravation to your injury, so in this case the insurance carrier would be responsible for the new pain you are experiencing following surgery which could mean additional costs for the treatment of this new pain.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.