Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

can u sue an apartment complex if u told them u got mold from

Customer Question

can u sue an apartment complex if u told them u got mold from a water lick up stairs an all they did was paint over it, while them knowing i have a baby in the house?
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.
Have you had your own mold expert determine if there is still mold? Are you or your child showing any symptoms that you attribute to mold? Do you want to break the lease because of this or are you looking for a different solution?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The baby just keeps coughin and coughin and was vomiting, which seem strange until i notice the mold. Me and ma husband just keep having headaches. Im looking around to find a mold expert but my landower brought her own expert and he just sprayed a chemical and painted over it but the mold is visible again.

the answer to your question is yes you can sue for the mold. Be sure to give notice again to the landlord about the mold and the effect it is having on your family. Then be sure to get your own mold assessment. If there is mold, the landlord is responsible for remedying the problem at his own expense. If it is not remedied, you can not only sue for damages, but break the lease without penalty because the landlord will have breached the covenant of quiet enjoyment inherent in every rental or lease.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication