Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

How long does it take to get a case to be heard in court Iv

How long does it take to get a case to be heard in court I'v been fighting this case for almost two years ...the person that is sueing me and a friend he claming we did numries project in 2006 an 07 that coused hem problems when it rained one day in late 2008 ..There is no proof of us doing any thing becouse we didn't .. he is making all this up and I'm finding my self haveing to prove my self no guilty .... The planiff keeps cooming up with reasons not to be able to give a defamation.... What should I do if I fill my lawyer is'nt doing his job? Thanks Paul
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am not your lawyer and do not represent you, I will endeavor to provide you with legal information through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Every case is different however typically a case should be heard within one or 2 years. If you are concerned that your attorney is not adequately representing him, I suggest that you retain a new attorney

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What if they keep stalling to get a court date and it's over two years?