D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Experience:  10+years of experience in all matters of civil litigation and Hearing Officer/Arbitrator
18858452

in texas and being 18, can i legally withdraw myself from school

Customer Question

in texas and being 18, can i legally withdraw myself from school and transfer to a school out of state without my parents permission even though my mother enrolled me in school at the begining of the year?
Expert:  D. WINOGO ESQ. replied 6 years ago.
Yes. At 18, you are no longer a minor and can make your own decisions. In fact, if you decided to drop out of school altogether, you cannot be penalized legally speaking for that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I went to court for the truency case they told me my legal guardian must withdraw me since my mother enrolled me and now I'm on probation for it and the judge said it is against my probation to move out of my moms house. Can he legally do that?

Did you turn 18 before or after the truancy case?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I turned 18 before they filed truency against me. But I had truency filled against me last year and was on probation from that but another lawyer I know said my probation from that should've ended the day I turned 18 because I am no longer a minor.
That is correct. Once you turn 18, you are no longer obligated to attend school, regardless of who directs you to attend.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

so if I were to withdraw from school and move to another state while being on probabtion there would be nothing they can do about it?

No. You must appeal the judge's decision. You simply cannot ignore a court order, even if it is wrong, as that can expose you to sanctions or even a bench warrant.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what would i need to do to appeal his decision?
You would have to file a notice of appeal. You should get an attorney to handle the appeal on your behalf.