Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

I was accused of domestic and multiple dui arrests by a competitor.Theyhad

I was accused of domestic and multiple dui arrests by a competitor.Theyhad been advised that there information was unreliable and furnished proof from the chief of police that it was false.They wrote it in blogs, utube,and newspapers.They were warned subsequently and continued anyway with radio and personal statements. The result was loss of job,complicated personal relations,finacial investments an partnership dissolution.
Can I recover damages both financail and profession reputation?
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

If you can show that these statements are published to a third party, are false, and your reputation was injured by false statements, then you are entitled under defamation law to recover any related and reasonable ascertainable damages that arise out of the slanderous or libelous statements.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1 It is still on the net as a smear campaign.

2 I can verify issue of no charge or arrest for this allegation stated as fact by the parties involved.

3 Would you or some like you accept this case.

4 I can foward a scan of the police chief document which I now carry at all times.

5 Media personal are avaiable for testimony.

Okay, thank you for that information. I can't tell you if you really have a case that could be successful for a lot of reasons. One is because I don't, and can't in this forum. have all the facts, including those from the other party's perspective. The other reason is because under the terms and conditions that we both agreed to when using this website, I cannot form an attorney-client relationship with you. That would be what I would need to give you specific legal opinions.

I does though sound like you have enough of a case to try to find a local attorney who handles defamation cases, preferably with experience with online defamation as well as other types. They can sit down with you and come up with a plan of action after they gather all of the evidence.