GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.

why do clients in same lawsuit get award checks on different

Customer Question

why do clients in same lawsuit get award checks on different days?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 5 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

Did you have the same attorney?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Then it's the attorney that is doing this. typically after you win a lawsuit, the money is paid to your attorney to go into his trust account until the funds clear, after that the funds are disbursed to the client. the fact that your son got his check shows the funds are cleared and if you have not received your check you need to tell your attorney you are going to file a complaint with the state bar because clearly he is not sending you your check, even though the funds are available.

I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. If you want to request me in the future type "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and if I am not online I will answer asap. Thanks and best regards.