INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

Hi, I am lentillem radio listener.Last two yerars ago,I signed as guarantor for my brothe

I am lentillem radio listener.Last two yerars ago,I signed as guarantor for my brother's family who running the store in shopping center.The lease was 3yrs contract and 6000/month.After a year they were out of business and closing the store .First my Brother trying to resort when they closing the store.But it did't work out,after a year collecting agency is collecting the whole amount of rents plus extra fee.That is two wweks ago.Now my brother is contecting with land lord.
My Questions is
What will happen if they cannot afford to pay what the landlord asking monthly payment,even though they are willing to resorting?
What should I do during this time?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today.

This is a very good question and important as far as you are both concerned. Landlord if money is owed and a settlement cannot be reached, would like sue both of you for a money judgment for what is outstanding.

Once a judgment is obtained the landlord can pursue bank accounts, lien on real estate.

Consider not having large sums in bank accounts and also having a consumer protection lawyer/business lawyer negotiate with landlord a manageable settlement. www.martindale.com is an excellent directory.

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

Leaving a BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you ACCEPT are also very much appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. You can always request me in the future through my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=11313492&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Infolawyer…”

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. I wish you best of luck and a prosperous 2011.