LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

With new Iowa law, is are NE residents and holders of a NE

With new Iowa law, is are NE residents and holders of a NE concealed carry permit allowed to carry in Iowa?

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with firearms law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. "With new Iowa law, is are NE residents and holders of a NE concealed carry permit allowed to carry in Iowa?" Yes. Effective January 1, 2011 (today), SF

2379 of 2010 significantly amends Iowa Code Chapter 724 and provides that Iowa will honor a valid permit issued by any other state.

3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.