Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Is it required that a car dealer give the buyer of a new car

Is it required that a car dealer give the buyer of a new car a copy of the agreements upon signing? Or is is ok that they give the buyer copies later when the car is made available?
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

California law requires that the contract have no blank spaces when signed and that the consumer receive a copy of any contract after signing.

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When does the copy need to be signing or anytime? They could change parts of the contract if not given at signing?????
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

The contract is required to be given to the consumer at the time it is signed. If it is not provided you may file a complaint with the Department of Motor Vehicle. Here is a link to assist you in filing the complaint:

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.