Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

My wife was in a residential areaa and slowed to make a left

My wife was in a residential areaa and slowed to make a left hannd turn. The guy behind her thought she was parking and passed her at the time she turned and they collided. Is she the one responcable for the accident? The police did not issue a ticket and the other driver thinks she was the one at fault.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer

Thank you for your question,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be glad to help with your question,

The Answer I am providing is information only and does not constitute the practice of law in jurisdictions where I am not licensed to practice. JustAnswer's policy and State Bar restrictions prohibit any attorney-client relationship, giving legal advice and client representation though this forum. The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed

ANSWER

From your description, I cannot see how your wife could be at fault. This is how I see the picture, Your wife was in front of the other driver, she slows down to make a left turn; The other driver was behind your wife and wanted to pass her, but he miscalculated. A driver desiring to pass other vehicles can do so only after he is certain that he can pass safely, without jeopardizing the safety of other motorists and without causing an accident. The other driver's miscalculation caused the accident because if he had assessed the entire situation before he attempted to pass your wife, he would have delayed his move until he could pass her safely. He did not do this and, therefore, caused the accident.

Please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in helping you

That is the only way I get paid

BONUS and Positive Feedback are appreciated

Best Wishes for a happy, healthy New Year, 2011

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave Positive Feedback

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.