GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.

A year ago, I began seeing a woman who was in the middle of

A year ago, I began seeing a woman who was in the middle of a nasty divorce. Her husband found out, and hacked into her email account, and then my facebook account. He recently sent email to a number of mutual friends, divulging information he learned through these break-ins, and through a search of county court records. He disclosed private information as well (I am a member of AA).
Is this libel?
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 5 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

As long as what he said is true it is not libel or slander, which are both defamation of character torts but what it is would be Invasion of Privacy and that is a tort that you can sue on as well.

I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. If you want to request me in the future type "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and if I am not online I will answer asap. Thanks and best regards.