Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I let a woman put horses on property I leaSED IF SHE WOULD

I let a woman put horses on property I leaSED IF SHE WOULD FEED MY HRSES IN RETURN FOR FREE PASTURE. sHE LET TWO OF THEM NEARLY STARVE TO DEATH AND i TOOK OVER . iSENT HER A CETFIED LETTER ASKING HER TO MOV HER HORSES OR PAY RENT . sHE Said she did not receive it and was going to file a civil suit for 1850.00 against me for her husband cutting some of the pasture which is mostly small pastures and a barn. I did not ask her to cut the property and she said her husband cut a strip. In the meantime she brought two more horses on and the night before cut a lock off my gate. She leases a trailer next to he property I lease from the same man. She has two felonies, threatened to kill me and came out with a gun in her jeans. I finally reported to the sheriffs and they have been watching her. I have had to file three reports on her in the last three days. She is also under another suit from her relative. Can she file a civil suit for that amount. My husband used to have it cut for 300.00. I did not ask her to cut any of my property, just to move her horses. She is a very dangerous person. I had to call the vet on a horse she gave moldy hay to . The neighbor owns the horse now and she is scared of her also. Am I going to have to go to court
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.

If you didn't offer to pay or agree to pay for the work/bush hogging her husband did on your property, you don't have to pay for it. There's no legal requirement that someone has to pay for voluntary work done on their property. You don't need to worry about this.

However, you may want to consider filing for a restraining order against her and her husband to refrain from contacting you or coming onto your property.

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters