MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney in contract law, litigation and employment law

i have been selling fake products which i bought in china on

i have been selling fake products which i bought in china on ebay for the past 3 months. the owner of the real product and copyright has sent ebay an order for me to prove that my products were legitimate . my question is what am i liable for if the owner of the intellectual copyright wants to come after me and would ebay give them my information. what could i be facing for selling fake products to consumers in the US. and if there is anyway for me limit my liability for selling these products.
Selling counterfeit products is a criminal matter. Therefore, to answer your question, you could face criminal charges as well as severe fines and penalties. I can't tell you the amount because that would depend on the product and on how much the company puts a value to their reputation. Yes, if Ebay has been notified that you have committed a crime, the rights owner could force Ebay to give them your information. Ebay can also ban you from ever selling on Ebay.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is ebay required to notify me if the rights owner has notified ebay that i have comitted a crime and asked for my information

No, they are not. The cease and desist letter would be sent directly to you by either postal mail or email.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how long does the company have to issue me a cease and desist letter and is there a statute of limitations on them coming after me
The Statute of Limitations is 3 years.

Please remember to hit the ACCEPT button as that is the only way that I get compensated for my time, research, and expertise. I do not get paid by the JA website.