Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

Do I have to payoff vehicle title lien before obtaining a salvage

Do I have to payoff vehicle title lien before obtaining a salvage title then a rebuilt title on totaled vehicle in state of Tennessee?

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer

Thank you for your question,

My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney and would be glad to help with your question,

The Answer I am providing is information only and does not constitute the practice of law in jurisdictions where I am not licensed to practice. JustAnswer's policy and State Bar restrictions prohibit any attorney-client relationship, giving legal advice and client representation though this forum. The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed

You would have to pay off the lien before getting a salvage title because the lien holder will not allow it any other way. He will want to preserve his lien as collateral for the repayment of the loan to him, and lienholder's have not been known to allow their lien to be removed before they are repaid. Equally true is the fact that there is no law which would allow the issuance of a salvage title before the lienholder is paid in full because the law would, in effect, be depriving the lkienholder of his security interest in the collateral.

Please press the "ACCEPT" button so that I receive credit for my time and effort in helping you

That is the only way I get paid

BONUS and Positive Feedback are appreciated

Best Wishes for a happy, healthy New Year, 2011

Don't forget to leave Positive Feedback