Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

My son, my wife and myself are defendants in a unlimited civil

My son, my wife and myself are defendants in a unlimited civil lawsuit. What does the following mean in english:

Plaintiff is informed and believes, and on this information and belief alleges that in all times mentioned in this Complaint, each of the Defendants was the agent and employee of each of the remaining Defendants, and in doing the things alleged in this Complaint, was acting within the course and scope of this agency and employment.
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today.

By saying upon information and belief, it is admitting the claim is weak and not very certain it is true.

As for what is being said, it is being alleged that the defendants were agents of other defendants. In law there is a principal-agency theory where the conduct of the agent such as an employee extends liability to the employer/principal.

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit. Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback after you accept are also very much appreciated.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. You can always request me in the future through my profile: If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Infolawyer…”

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. I wish you best of luck and a prosperous 2011.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So would a family relationship husband, wife, and son constitute being agents of each other?
It could be but is not autmatic. It usually applies more easily to employer-employee, officer- company. There would be a hierarchy rather than a mutual relationship.