Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How much does it cost if I get a satisfactory answer to the

How much does it cost if I get a satisfactory answer to the question: How does one obtain a prescription for medical marijuana in Michigan?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You need to get a prescription from a licensed physician who finds medical need for you to have marijuana. There are local clinics where the doctors will examine you and issue a prescription if required, but it must be issued pursuant to a medical examination by a doctor.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the name of a licensed physician in or around the Grosse Pointe or Ann Arbor area, and how do you fill the prescription since it is my understanding that dispensiaries are illegal... and maybe you are supposed to grow your own which is ridiculous,,,
The dispensaries are not illegal and there are licensed dispensaries and also licensed caregivers. However, this site is not allowed to give out information on any specific doctors, but if you go to http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/ they have information on what you are looking for.