Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

I am being sued Unlimited Civil by a guy who claims my 17 year

I am being sued Unlimited Civil by a guy who claims my 17 year old son shot him intentionally with a pellet gun. I am defending pro se and have filed a general denial; we are still in discovery, but I feel the case has no merit; I believe I have compiled enough background and researched the issues at hand to file a MSJ; Can someone take a look at my work to suggest if I should attempt a MSJ or just let the case proceed?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am legal expert at Justanswer and I will be helping you with your question today.

summmary judgment is a severe and rarely granted relief. If the court finds there are any questions of fact open, it will not grant it and direct discovery to continue. Until discovery is over, a court will not even consider it in most instances even if simple contract cases.

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit. Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback after you accept are also very much appreciated.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. You can always request me in the future through my profile: If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Infolawyer…”

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. I wish you best of luck and a prosperous 2011.