MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney in contract law, litigation and employment law

I received a civil summons from a Magistrate Court (in NM)

I received a civil summons from a Magistrate Court (in NM) for Moneys due. What is the process of a civil summons? What happens if I don't respond and the plaintiff receives a default judgment?
I have been unemployed for over 2 years and don't have the money to fight this.
If you don't file an answer to the complaint and don't show up in court, the Plaintiff receives a default judgment. Once they receive the judgment, they can then file to enforce that judgment by various means, i.e. garnishing your wages once you get employed, garnishing your bank account, etc. It all depends on the type of complaint that it is and the type of debt owed and where the debt was incurred.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will it go on my Credit Report if they receive a default judgment? I dont feel they are due the money but I don't have the money for a high price attorney like they have.
Yes, civil judgments do show up on your credit reports.