Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law

Under the fair housing act is it unlawfull to specify a rental

Under the fair housing act is it unlawfull to specify a rental unit set up for wheel chair access for handicapped people only if a non-handicapped family wants to rent that unit?.
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 years ago.

No it is not unlawful for an apartment complex to set aside a unit or several units as handicapped only and then they can simply wait until some family comes along that needs the unit due to one of them being in a wheelchair. In fact, apartment complexes are required to hold a certain number of units aside i the event that handicapped persons need a rental to live in. If the complex rented a handicapped unit to a non-handicapped person and then a month or two later, a handicapped person wanted to move into the complex, then the complex can be fined for not having the appropriate number of units set aside for handicapped persons.

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.