GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.

if someone has been deported can they come back to america

if someone has been deported can they come back to america and try to get therer papers
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 5 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

it depends...
when and why were they deported?
do they have any u.s. citizen relatives?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

just in general because my boyfriend said that his friend went to texas and was deported becasue he was not a citizen but when he tried to get his papers he was denied yes he had family here that we citizens

how long was he here before he was deported?
what relatives are u.s. citizens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
15 years his brothers were citizans
Ok, I see now. Well after he was deported he is now barred for 10 years from returning back to the u.s. and since he has no u.s. citizen wife or child age 21 or older to petition for him, he will have to wait the 10 years before he can come back into the u.s. 10 years is a punishment for being here in the u.s. more than one year out of status. so not much chance of him getting back any time soon.

I hope this helps explain. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. If you want to request me in the future type "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and if I am not online I will answer asap. Thanks and best regards.