Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
635143

after spending 4 days in CCU (heart attack) my mother was bumped

after spending 4 days in CCU (heart attack) my mother was bumped to the medical floor to be discharged home over the weekend, during her stay on the medical floor she complained of chest pain (on a scale of 1-10) she was a 5, the nurse gave her Maalox, never called a physician, there was no NTG on order, and the story has more too it that just gets worse, well my mother died 2 hours after the Maalox administration of a heart attack, is there neglience involved?
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 6 years ago.

Lawgirl :

I am sorry for your loss. If definitely sounds like there could have been some negligence involved; however, medical malpractice cases are VERY difficult to analyze without having the medical records analyzed. These cases are highly technical and very factually specific. As such, it would be very difficult for an online attorney to determine whether you have a case.

Lawgirl :

Your best bet may be to obtain your mother's medical records and book a consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. Sitting down with someone and explaining the facts would be helpful to their analysis. However, many malpractice attorneys have nurses and/or doctors on staff to review medical records and determine the merits of a case before moving forward.