Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

I parked in a handicap parking place at a college. I have rheumatoid

Customer Question

I parked in a handicap parking place at a college. I have rheumatoid arthritis, but I haven't yet gotten a disability sticker. This was a last resort after spending 20 mins looking for a spot due to construction. The only available spot was 4 blocks was a very cold night and I could not walk that far. The citation is for $520, can I fight this. I am in the wrong but I can justify that I have a disability through my doctor
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

The handicapped parking spots are for people with disability stickers; disability stickers just so happen to be for people with handicaps. Without a sticker, you are in violation of the law.

My only suggestion would be to go ahead and get the disability sticker, then ask the judge to dismiss in the interest of justice. There are no guarantees, but the courts are run by humans, not by robots. I hope that this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Certainly. However, it would help if I had clarification on where the perceived deficiency in my answer was. How might I better answer your question?