Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

i need a lawyer for slander an deformation of character can

i need a lawyer for slander an deformation of character can someone he me
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

This type of case would be handled by a personal injury attorney.

When you are looking, keep in mind that a "good" attorney for one person is not necessarily a good attorney for someone else; every attorney has their own personality and style, and clients need to choose someone that they feel comfortable with (and vice versa).

I typically refer customers to when looking for a local attorney with a specific type of practice. Martindale lists most of the world's attorney of geographic area, type of practice, years of experience, etc.; it is also the tool that most attorneys use when searching for other attorneys with expertise outside their own. There is no guarantee that any one attorney is willing or able to take any particular case, so there is almost always some searching involved, but Martindale typically facilitates that search.

Another option is to use AVVO rates attorneys; if you are in the industry, you may see that an attorney or firm boasts an "AV rating"; AVVO is basically a peer-reviewed entity that rates attorneys by experience, reputation, knowledge, etc. The grades are AV, BV, and CV. AV is the highest rating. Again, there is no guarantee that any one attorney will be able or willing to take or review any particular case, but this is the place to start.

Interview three attorneys and decide based on who you think will do the best job for you specifically.

I hope that this helps.