Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I was recently fired from Chase bank. I am a former WaMu employee,

Customer Question

I was recently fired from Chase bank. I am a former WaMu employee, had a 4 year perfect track record with no disciplinary issues, 100% clean HR and compliance record and prior to Chase, a very upward mobile career. I was accused of making a simple mistake on a bank document by transposing a customer name and entering an inacurate date on the same document. It's unlikely I would have made this mistake and there are steps in place for managers to catch mistakes like this prior to elevating into an HR issue. In the end, Chase did not follow the "spirit" of their corrective action policy and fired me for my first company offense without following any corrective action steps. Do I have an unlawful termination case?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Your best chance is by claiming that you have been discriminated against and terminated because of your age. In this case, you can file a complaint with the EEOC ( for age discrimination.

If you can't couch the termination in terms of discrimination, your chances are slim to have a case to sue for wrongful termination as an employer has the right to terminate an employee for any reason or for no reason at all so long as it is not discriminatory.