Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

Insurance agent stole money from my account

Customer Question

My friend has like 13 life insurance policies on her and her children, we discovered the agent had been stealing money out of her bank account now that the trust in company is lost can she request all premiums paid be returned so she can go with another company she can trust? Along with money stolen? The agent has done this to a few people since her accusation he was fired but is still selling insurance. The company is trying to settle. For $20,000 that is less than he stole from her.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 years ago.

I believe the insurance company might be liable to pay back the stolen money, depending on all the fact; however, it will not have to refund the policy premiums. The reason is that the insurance was in force and would have paid off had she died. The fact that she doesn't trust the company is not grounds for recovery of the premium money.

I believe I have answered your question. Your ACCEPT would be greatly appreciated. If you wish clarification concerning my answer to your original question, please send me a "Reply".
If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you ACCEPT the answer to your first question before branching off into other new questions.

Please click on the green ACCEPT button so that I will be compensated for this answer. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. 112210