Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

where do i record corporate stock tranfered to me . and how

Customer Question

where do i record corporate stock tranfered to me . and how do i make sure its done properly
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Is this a publicly traded stock or a privately held company? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is a private company. I will next explain my situation more exactly.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Alright...I will wait to hear more...thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My corporation is located in Florida. In this state, the website sunbiz.org reports various information about a corporation such as the officers and directors on the main information page for each corporation. However, on this main page, it does not list the stock holders. Below the main information, document images are displayed in pdf format which show the various documents that have been submitted to the Division of Corporations located in Florida's capitol.

In my particular corporation, I'm having problems with a boyfriend of a former stockholder. I established the corporation with a woman and she was majority stockholder. I was the minority stockholder. There were no other stockholders but us. I am now in the process of trying to buy the stock from her, which she wants to sell. However, her boyfriend, accostomed to getting money from her and the corporation, thinks that he has a right to keep getting easy money and threatened that he can just remove me as President of the corporation, which I have recently become, and make himself president just by submitting some paper work to the Division of Corporations. My questions are (1) how do I write a sale of stock agreement that will be recorded or posted somwhere clear that not just anyone can tamper with and (2) how can I make sure that he cannot just send some fraudulent paperwork in to the Division of Corporations and make himself an offier or President and/ or remove me from the corporation altogether in such a way?