JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

i blog on youtube and use a screename.... i am being

i blog on youtube and use a screename....
i am being harrased by another user who uses his screen name.....this person has lied about me and posted vile smears about me such as==that i served jail time for child rape,which is totally untrue...
can i legally take action?or because its on youtube and we are annonmous does that negate it? thank you,jack

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

It is possible for you to contact YouTube and ask that such posts be removed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes i do know that i can contact YOUTUBE to remove the vile comments and i did that.....they responded and said they can not do that unless its court ordered!!!as they will not judge the=VERACITY of each post...

my question to you folks was can i take=LEGAL ACTION or is it a waste of time due to our real identies not being posted....its 2 screen names chatting back and forth and the 1 individual has posted vicious smears about me.....including that i molest children.....

thank you for your assistance,jack

A fake name has no legal recourse to claim defamation. There's no reputation to defend. The recourse for the fake name is XXXXX XXXXX a different fake name.

Hope this helps to clarify things.