How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  10+ Years Experience in Civil Litigation, Family, Probate and Immigration Law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been telling my propane company that they almost let

Resolved Question:

I have been telling my propane company that they almost let me run out of propane and they don't take me seriously. I've been with them for 20 years. If I should run out of propane and my pipes freeze or my furnace and hot water heater malfunctions, can I sue them? I live in the mountains, have snow and use a lot of propane in the winter months.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you resolve your matter.

Please remember there may be a delay as I may be helping other customers.

What kind of contract do you have with them?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They own the propane tank. I believe it is month to month.
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
ok, what is their obligation to fill the tank?
how often?
by you calling them or are they suppose to check it daily?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are suppose to keep my tank filled. I'm on a monthly service in the winter and spring months.
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 6 years ago.
well you have a breach of contract and you CAN sue them for that. i would suggest writing a letter to document what has been happening. Send the letter certified mail, return receipt so you have proof they got it. Tell them if it happens again you will sue. if it does, then you file a lawsuit in small claims court.

I hope this helps. Please click "accept" so that I receive credit for answering your question. I will be happy to reply to a follow up on this issue at no extra cost. Your Positive feedback is appreciated. If you want to request me in the future type "TO GEORGETOWNLAWYR" in the subject line and if I am not online I will answer asap. Thanks and best regards.
GeorgetownLawyr and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions