SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense
18210975

We have a plumber come in to our office to install some sinks

Customer Question

We have a plumber come in to our office to install some sinks and he did some work and told us that the Ac is not working in a room, my husband told him to check it out and the next thing we know that we receive a $14000 bill for replacement the whole AC system in the office and intall the sinks. we were very upset and didn't plan to replace AC at all and don't even know what went wrong. he siad he did the work and by law we own him all the money otherwise he will sue us for not paying him. We already paid him more than 11000 out of good will but he would not give up a dime, I wonder if we have to suffer the big financial loss for this greedy plumber. I didn't get a chance to shop around or get a quote or plan with my budget. Please help me
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 4 years ago.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.

SoloLawyer :

If the plumber was not authorized to complete the work, you don't owe the money. No agreement = no contract = no obligation.

SoloLawyer :

That fact that you have paid most of the money, however, will work against you, as he could use that as evidence that you DID agree to pay him. Otherwise, he will claim, why did you pay him the $11,000.

JACUSTOMER-giaonq7c- :

The reason we paid him because we had a lawyer and he said we should pay him some money out of good will and he said by law, if the plumber did the work even there is no contract we still have to pay because he did the work

JACUSTOMER-giaonq7c- :

Is there anyone else helping me ?

SoloLawyer :

SoloLawyer :

I'm sorry i had computer problems and was disconneted

JACUSTOMER-giaonq7c- :

what do you suggest with my case since the plumer keep theaten us to go to court