Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

If you are a ISO for a credit card company, and you have a

Customer Question

If you are a ISO for a credit card company, and you have a contracter that puts their banking info on a computer screen, but they fax in the correct voided check for the credit card and debit card monies to be sent to, can this bank be suied for taking the info from the computer screen and not useing the voided check that was sent to them, and did this bank break federal laws? They even sent a e-mail 23 times that said they had verified the current banking info on file is correct, and $84000.00 later they want to sue me. (question) do I have a law suit against them? This has done a large amount of damage to my company. (Lets look @ the laws that came out of Enron.)
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Please clarify your facts, nobody seems to understand what you are saying, so we cannot determine if you have a case or not

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well let me try this way. I am a Independent sales office for a credit card company. I find stores that I can process credit/debit cards for. I make a commision off of each transaction. I will go out and sale the process to the stores, and then I had a contract company that would fax the app. to that location for the store owner to fill out and fax back to that contractor to entered it into a ELAPS system on the computer and send this info to the bank. Then the contractor would fax the app. and voided check to the bank and the bank would verify the info on the app., verify the account number on the voided check and then start processing cradit/debit cards. Well this bank had a third party processer for the debit cards, at this point the bank didn't send the voided check to the third party processer or the third party processer didn't verify the account # XXXXX the voided check. Well the contractor that processed paper work for me pluged their account number into the ELAPS system, so $84000.00 went into their account and they withdrew it every 3 days, all the while I am telling the bank the store owner says somthing is wrong. I found there was a problem @ around $800.00, But the bank said NO problem. They sent me the same e-mail 23 times saying they had verified the banking info and it WAS correct. Now they are trying to frame me for a law suit. There should be a federal law somewhere that will tie them to using a voided check only, and I am sure they have broken federal laws somewhere in all of this. The State Attys office laughed when I told them the bank was trying to file a law suit on me and my company.They said they wish them luck, and that I have them ( the Bank) on repatation alone. Guys I needed some fire power here.

I am going to opt out of your quesiton and allow another expert assist you. It is not necessary to reply to this comment.

Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer